The meeting was called to order and the following board members were in attendance: Hank Earle; Patricia Ploeger, Rich Filippelli, Marguerite Shortt, and Laura Russo.
Salute to the flag
The minutes from the previous meeting were accepted.
Grant- Pat has good news – Balls office called – did we fill out the form? So there is still hope.
Weed mapping – The biologist will be on the lake on Friday 9/19/14. Asked him for quotes and he’ll recommend and we will put in the application. We did our job – whether approved or not – we will see.
Pricing: algaecides; herbicides; carp –ask the town for prices - Bruce Major – Dan Rossi gave their opinions – is it the towns responsibility or the PLPD’s responsibility.
Mike Griffan –has said ‘ As long as I am supervisor, the dam is town responsibility’
Nothing has been done – gate needs to be fixed – update to the new code – no one is looking into it.
We’ve pay taxes since 1945 – what is the town doing for us for that money? Not lighting, not garbage – we pay for all of that. If we drain the lake to fix the dam and might as well put in the carp gate.
DEC is re-examining carp as a whole, cheaper, better, may be harder to get carp. Carp is down the road, do other things and when the approval comes through we decide what to do?
The dam needs to be fix – the gate is leaking, no water goes over the dam during the dry spell.
No Parking signs – are being made – there is a map the town says where the signs will go
Town picking up rubbish on the side of the road
Budget – over budget for carp gate – not happy with coaches – need to fill out time slips more accurately – pay hourly – talk to Gerry how many hours per week – what are the hours per day, per week. It must be normal and proper. No pay for time driving; look at possible lump sum – but time should be true. Why can’t you set it up as a stipend? Tom to call Trish for explanation.
Softball – gets stipend - umpires $50 per game.
Trisha sent a ledger – we are under budget overall – the lifeguard umbrellas – were replaced late in the season – we paid all the legal fees up front instead of spreading it over the years.
We need an excavator for spreading sand.
We have Salem Fence, Campenella fence for prices
Black fences – 6 ft high – or shorter - get some brochures and designs and prices – ask the town lawyer or building dept if there is height limits
Doggie bags for poop! Code 116.15 B3 says dogs, cats and household pets – may be permitted on all beaches – entire park district
What is the PLPD limit for enforcing cleaning up after your dog – put bags around the lake – put emphasis on entire district must clean up. Marguerite’s project is to get 3 ideas of signs and bags. Add to the 17 no parking signs - with the bags -near the fence area
Tom started looking into the easy access beach – mats, shading, railings. Also working on the drainage for the ball field –
Town engineer to look into the drainage – burms, other suggestions
Hanks idea is to get professionals – to assess the entire area. Better scope of work what should we do and how to do it. Maybe a quick sketch so we can use it for a each type of bid
Dave – maintenance – Saturday 8 am– stain the rest of the boat house – a little painting. Locust trees cut the down – meet Saturday Pat, Gerry and Dave to see what Locust trees at Laconia beach need to be cut. Priority – then paint and stain. Pat to contact the county about cutting the locust trees on Haviland Drive.
The rusty fence – how to remove it? Pat to have Dave look at it and let the new owner know we are doing it.
Should we keep Dave going on the projects needed to be complete? Max only 28 hours per week. – All present board members agreed. Make a list and assign each task weekly. Including trim vines
Activities – softball last weekend – Nominated Rich to run with this – need ideas – drainage – bring the ideas to the table and we approve or decline it.
Fall clean up 10/18 – also public relations – hot dogs, coffee
Must use BCC when sending all emails
Jeff Bode will turn over the domain of the website to the town (Mike to handle) – advise him
Repairs: Fence-Joe Duke and Eddie Sullivan to meet and decide how to work on the wall
Walking path – Marguerite to send out stuff she got for benches
Pat to talk to Rich about RFQ – to walk Interlaken to the North Boat Launch and what do they need from us. Boy Scouts asked us for a project – to obtain an eye badge – what do we need – ideas – stone path, wood chip path? Do we need a survey? Do we have a topographical map to view for high and low spots for a small walking bridge? We need to start clearing the woods properly.
Ball field to be Rich’s project and get 3 proposal – then send it out for quotes on drainage. How would you do it and then we pick the best idea and then ask for bids
Boat removal – why do we do it? Is it necessary? We need a full board for a decision.
Assign a boat parking space on an A frame boat rack. Designate boat areas going forward. Need a carpenter – to build these – We need a full board to decide on this.
Rafts- need prices – fiberglass, aluminum, wood? – Hank never got prices back – he gets emails of ideas – easydocks.com – Do it in December. Maybe grant money?
Grant money use it - when do we have to spend it 2014 or 2015?
Volleyball court at the beach – Basketball court – blacktopped –capital expenditures
Baseball league – must be part of Patterson – let’s seriously look into little league
Invite the head of the league to a meeting to discuss what we need to do
Bulletin boards - ASAP – at least the Halloween poster – do it seasonally – decorate it and keep it current.
Neighborhood watch – PLPD to sponsor it – can we fund the signs? We need to vote on this. The next meeting is Thursday Sept 25th
New business: PLPD Float in the parade for the Tree lighting – beach related? We need ideas