- The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
- All board members were in attendance except John Logue.
- Softball League update: The last championship games will be played on October 6th. The Advisory Board discussed some budgetary items and improvements for next season. All board members present voted that applications for next year’s commissioner will be accepted after November 1st. Announcements about the position will be made later this year. Decisions for the commissioner will be made in early 2014.
- Ballfield: New benches were donated and will be installed on the field.
- Parkland update: A letter was sent from the town to all Putnam Lake residents reminding them that overnight parking on parkland property is prohibited by town law. Two resident homes asked for easements to continue their private use of the land. The town board asked the Highway Department, Planning Department and the Park Advisory Board for recommendations on each case. The board reviewed all information, photos and visited the sites. Recommendations were submitted following the park district guidelines that all residents have equal access to parkland property.
- Boats: The boat removal procedure for October 5th/6th was reviewed and discussed. Boats without registration tags will be impounded. Some community volunteers may be on hand to assist with the process.
- Beaches: The board reviewed this year’s beach setup procedure and created a timeline for next year. Date’s were set for all activities including preparation, cleanup, dock installation, etc. Warren beach dock removal for the weekend of September 28th was discussed and finalized.
- The Blue-Green algae notices for this year were discussed. They were posted at each beach, the market bulletin board and the website. A resident emailed asking that it be posted at additional locations around the lake. The Park Advisory board has plans to install park signs and public bulletin boards at all beaches and several boat launching areas by next year. These locations will then be available for posting any notices regarding water quality or other issues of importance.
- The boat house roof was discussed. The previously installed roof by the PLCC is unfinished and has eaves open to the inside of the building. Plans were made to finish off this project.
- The Putnam Lake dam was discussed. The valve has been leaking for much of the summer. The town will need to make repairs in the near future. The dam is owned by the town of Patterson and repair costs will be the responsibility of the town, not the park district.
- A memo on the water quality of Putnam Lake for this year is being created and will be submitted to the town board. It will be made available on the park district website.
- The meeting was adjourned.
Meeting minutes are posted here once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.