- Swim Team: Gerri Dolan was present to discuss next year’s swim team. The budget was reviewed. Dates were set for 2014 as follows: Early Swim team registration will be April 23, 2014 & June 7, 2014. Locations and times to be determined later. First day of practice will be June 30, 2014 and continue through August 8, 2014. Applications for coaching positions must be submitted by April 28, 2014 so positions can be filled by start of the season. Additional improvements were discussed and will be implemented for next year.
- Boat Storage: The majority of boat owner’s storing boats on the parklands have acquired their 2013 boat registration stickers, over 170 in all. All others not in compliance were given multiple notices to let the owners know of the new regulations. Boats were tagged with a notice in early July and again in August. Any boats that had PLCC tags and could be tracked from PLCC records were sent a letter informing them they still had a boat on the parkland. Boats not in compliance with town code will be impounded on October 5th and 6th. Efforts will also be made to inform the residents that all boats must be removed from the parkland for the winter months by December 1st including multiple notices in local newspapers. Dates for impounding any remaining boats was set for December 7th and 8th. As a courtesy, the park district will be offering assistance to any resident who need help removing their boat on Boat Removal Day, November 16th. Anyone interested in volunteering to help may contact the Park Advisory Board.
- The docks at warren beach are scheduled to be removed on the weekend of September 28th.
- Fall cleanup day was discussed. Information on the town fall clean-up will be gathered to see if we can coordinate. Additional discussion will be held at next meeting.
- The dumpster currently located at the ballfield will remain so it can be used for park district garbage.
- The board was informed that the town will be issuing a letter to lakeside homes with regard to overnight parking along the parklands.
- An intern from a local university may be available for the spring semester to assist in any activities pertaining to the park district. Additional discussion on this matter will continue at a later date.
- The town asked for additional information pertaining to lifeguard hours for next year. Dede and Duane to follow up on the matter.
- Meeting was adjourned.
Meeting minutes are posted at the town website once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.