- The meeting was called to order at 7 PM.
- Board members in attendance: Dede Lifgren, Hank Earle, Mike Ercole, Duane Holze.
- Announcement that the January 2, 2014 public meeting and work session were cancelled to bad weather condition and public meeting agenda was postponed until February 6, 2014 meeting.
- The timeline was reviewed for January and February and all necessary tasks for those months are in process.
- The code changes are before the town board and they have scheduled a public hearing for February 13th to hear any comments from residents. The code changes proposed include: Changing the number of board members from 7 to 5, a potential limit to the number of boats stored on the parkland. Location and number of boat stickers, details regarding impounding boats, distinction for green debris dumped on the parkland.
- Disposal of the boats currently stored at the boat house was discussed. This is on hold until the town board approves the code changes.
- The signs for all beaches and parks was discussed. Quotes are due to be finalized for a spring installation.
- The PAB currently has one seat open. The board agreed to notify all residents of the opportunity to volunteer for the position by sending a postcard to all homes. It will also include any other openings in the park district.
- Some of the reports on water quality were discussed. More reports are due and a plan is being formulated for this year. More information at future meetings.
- All board members approved the 2014 meeting schedule
- The hiring of maintenance personnel was discussed and advertising will begin pending information from the town regarding logistics of the position.
- The Friends of the Park District requested permission for a Winter Gathering at warren beach. The PAB approved the use of the beach. Logistics for the event will be worked out with the town.
- CSLAP was reviewed and paperwork is being filed for the program to continue this year.
- Work on this year’s newsletter has began and further information on its progress will be reviewed at future meetings
- Other business. Ti was discussed that the town has a program to pick up Christmass trees and suggested that this can be publicized to residents in the future to avoid any dumping of trees on the parkland.
- The meeting was adjourned.
Meetings were cancelled due to weather conditions
Meeting minutes are posted at the town website once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.