- The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
- All board members were in attendance. John Logue arrived at 7:30PM.
- Water Quality Update: The DEC supplied some preliminary reports of water testing from this year. Blue green algae concentration was exceptionally high and peaked in August as suspected. Concentrations were high in shoreline areas as well as open water. Further information will be supplied in the end of year summary reports.
- Boats: 24 unregistered boats were removed from the parkland and placed at the boat house. Many were clearly unusable. This was a great result considering more than 80 unregistered boats existed in early July. Residents really took notice of the required stickers and many commented on how nice it was to see old boats being removed. Boats will remain at the boathouse for 60 days in case any owners come forward or can be found.
- Parking Signs Update: The town recommended placing more than 17 no parking signs around the perimeter of the lake. Since this would create an excess of unnecessary signage on the limited parkland area, the PAB asked that this be postponed until a comprehensive plan of signage can be put together. Some signs are already planned for each of the beach areas and boat storage areas.
- Plans were finalized on removing the Jackson Float and moving the float currently located at Interlaken Beach.
- Updates on the Dam and the valve condition were reviewed. The town is in charge of this process. The PAB will keep up-to-date on the information as plans are made by the Town.
- Timelines were created for Community Relations/Procurements, Health Department, Swim Team and Softball. These timelines will be added to the comprehensive plan being developed for the Park District.
- Other business: The window in the shed at Jackson Beach was broken. Repairs were made and improvements were discussed.
- Meeting protocol was discussed.
- Meeting was adjourned.
Meeting minutes are posted at the town website once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.