- The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
- All board members were in attendance.
- Previous meeting minutes were approved.
- Water Quality Update: Preliminary information was presented with regards to this year’s testing through both the CSLAP program and Allied Biological. Handouts were given to the audience with regards to the Blue-Green Algae so residents were aware of the water quality and toxicity of the algae. Final test results will be compiled at the end of this year with more detail and a remediation plan can be developed for the future.
- Town of Patterson Parking Notice: A notice was sent to the residents along the perimeter of the lake by the Town of Patterson. Parking along the lakeside of the road is for recreation purposes only such as swimming, fishing, boating, etc. Overnight parking is not permitted. This code keeps the parkland open for all residents to use.
- The condition of the Dam was reviewed at the request of the audience. The town is in control of the dam and is waiting for a report on the valve's condition. It currently leaks and the town will be determining whether it can be repaired or will need to be replaced.
- Boats: The boats that are not registered will be impounded this upcoming weekend. Residents not complying were sent multiple notices and only a few boats remain. Residents were reminded that all boats must be removed by December 1st for the winter months.
- Budget: The PAB was very effective in their management this year and had a surplus in this year’s budget with the intent of carrying over for water remediation in upcoming years. The town has decided to withdraw $30,000 from the Park District budget this year to pay for the legal fees accrued while legally trying to obtain the land from the PLCC. In addition, the PLCC stipulated a $5,000 payment for the transfer of the property. These funds reside with the PLCC. The legal issues were negotiated by the town prior to the park district creation and the Park Advisory Board appointments. The audience asked what the PLCC was doing with the money. The PAB advised that they were not involved in the process and could not speak for the PLCC.
- The PAB will be creating a regulations guide for this and future board members of procedures and guidelines that supplement the town code. More information to follow at future meetings.
- Public Recognition. The audience commended the board on how great everything looked this year and thanked them for improving the beaches.
- Adjournment to Work Session
Meeting minutes are posted at the town website once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.