- Boat removal: More than 180 boats were registered this year by residents. Approximately 80 boats were tagged as non-registered in early July. Most complied by removing their boats or acquiring stickers. Boats without registration stickers are being removed and will be relocated to the boat house. Only 24 boats remain, most of which are abandoned, sunken in mud and unusable. All boats will be held at the boat house for 60 days in case owners can be found. Unusable boats will be discarded after that time.
- Beaches Update: Rafts at Warren beach have been removed from the water and supplies have been put into the shed for the winter season. Plans were discussed for winterizing Jackson beach as well.
- Signs for the remaining beaches, park areas & boat storage areas were submitted to the county to be created. No update as of yet on estimated completion date. Additional bids are being considered as a backup plan.
- John Logue excused himself from the meeting at 9pm.
- Timelines were created for the Parkland and Water Quality committees. Each timeline plans out the task on hand and due dates for each year. The timelines will be part of a comprehensive game plan to be carried out by current and future PAB members.
- Modifications to the boat house roof were discussed to close it up. The roof was installed by the PLCC before the park district was created, but areas need to be finished to close it up to weather and animals. Plans were made for completing this project.
- Information and requirements were discussed for Carp and Copper Sulfate remediation techniques. No formal decision has been made yet, but information is being gathered on several options. More information will follow as the results from this year’s studies are completed in December/January.
- Meeting was adjourned.
Meeting minutes are posted at the town website once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.