- The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
- All board members were in attendance except John Logue.
- Previous meeting minutes were approved.
- End of year beach summary: Successful first year at the beaches. We’ve received good feedback from residents. New protocols are being developed based on experiences from this year and resident feedback for next year. In addition, drills for the lifeguards will be scheduled for next year. The park district will be advertising for new guards for next year as many of this year’s guards will be leaving.
- Water Quality Update: Handouts were given out showing the differences in algae that are present in Putnam Lake. This year had high concentrations of Blue-Green Algae. The algae was so extensive that it prevented most of the weed growth. Allied Biological came to conduct the weed study, but due to the overwhelming algae that inhibited the weed growth, the survey could not be completed. Measures to correct the water quality will be created for next year as more data and information is compiled from this year’s testing. There are six more weeks of CSLAP testing and Allied Biological will be coming for another testing session before compiling their report.
- District Update: A new website will be launched for the community to use. The budget for next year was submitted on time. Signs for all beaches, park areas, storage areas were submitted to the county to be created. If anyone has a boat without tags, please acquire your tag through the Patterson Town Hall.
- Meeting was adjourned to work session.
Meeting minutes are posted at the town website once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.