- Board members in attendance: Dede Lifgren, Duane Holze, Mike Ercole.
- It was announced that John Logue resigned from the Park Advisory Board prior to the meeting.
- Meeting minutes vote was tabled to next meeting.
- Water Quality Review. All water testing is complete. Reports of the data are now being compiled by Allied biological and CSLAP/DEC. Formal reports should be available around the end of this year. Information pertaining to the Blue-Green algae concentrations was discussed.
- The valve on the dam is continuing to leak. This is preventing water to overflow the dam and skim the water’s surface. The town is awaiting reports from an independent company who did a formal assessment of the valves condition.
- A review of the timeline that is being created was reviewed. The timeline will detail the annual responsibilities of the PAB to maintain and improve the lake, water quality, parkland and beach areas.
- Boat Removal. An update was given. All unregistered boats that were stored on the parklands have been removed. The public was reminded to remove all boats from the parklands for the winter months. Boats should be removed by Dec 1st. November 16th has been setup as Boat Removal Assistance Day. Volunteers will be on hand to help residents move boats if they require assistance. Removal of the boats annually allows for parkland clearing and cleanup around boat storage areas, reduces the amount of abandoned boats that have been historically left on the parkland each year, removes chains annually to prevent choking of healthy trees and ensures only active boats return to the parkland in the spring.
- A No Parking notice from the town of Patterson went out to residence along the lakeshore reminding them that overnight parking is not permitted.
- Residents were reminded that leaves and yard waste cannot be dumped on the parkland. The town may issue violations for this activity since it violates the town code. In addition, dumping of excess yard waste on the parkland continually adds nutrients to the lake contributing to the weed and algae problem.
- Public Recognition. Discussions were had regarding water quality and the improvements planned. It was discussed that information and reports that the PAB receive will be posted to the website for all residents to review.
- Adjournment to Work Session
The meeting was called to order at 7 PM.
Meeting minutes are posted here once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.