2. Dede advised that Cathy Winward’s daughter would like to get involved firsthand with water sample testing. The board unanimously decided that it would be a good opportunity for everyone involved. Dede will follow-up.
3. Daily Operations - John reported that there was a lot of fishing going on at the beaches. He will speak to individuals and advise they cannot fish in swim areas. John asked about the broken lock on the portosan at Jackson Beach. Dede explained that she contacted the company and it was supposed to be serviced already; she will call the company once again and advise. Regarding beach ID bracelets, the lifeguards were advised to start checking for them in July. A new discussion continued regarding geese waste on the beaches. Multiple options were discussed and the board agreed to wait to see how bad the problem was before instituting any further solutions. Geese waste is picked up and removed from both beaches daily before swimmers arrive.
4. Hank gave an update on his discussion with Greg Ball concerning eligibility for a potential $50,000 lake grant. Specific criteria needs to be met, such as matching funds and specific construction projects. Many ‘shovel ready’ projects were considered. No decisions were made until further information is collected about the grant opportunities.
5. Dede advised that the PAB minutes need to be compiled and sent to the town clerk on a monthly basis. Duane will forward previous minutes and all new minutes once approved for the town record.
6. Hank advised the storage sheds at Warren and Jackson beaches are being returned since they are an inferior product and not to specs. Hank will contact Martin’s Country Furniture to purchase two new sheds (previously quoted) that are in-stock and will confirm pricing will be matched.
7. Dede talked with Russ Goff regarding the drainage issues from the road at Jackson Beach. He advised that putting up a berm/build up black top will help the problem.
8. Other particulars concerning the parklands: It was determined that garbage cans will be placed at additional beaches in the near future. John advised that there are two illegal docks floating on the lake; one is located south of Interlaken Beach and the other is upside down (with wheels attached) located north of the first dock near Parma Beach.
9. An update was given on the swim lessons. It was discussed that if the lessons were incorporated into the district, someone would be needed to organize the lessons and WSI certification would be required for an instructor. Payment schedule last year was discussed as well as other particulars. Regarding swim team, Mike advised that Veronica was currently at a swim team meeting to determine scheduling, etc. He mentioned that Gerri Dolan will be the contact person for registration on the flyer. Duane and Alicia will work on the flyer and help advertise it. Mention will be made regarding swim lessons to be available as well.
10. Regarding the baseball league, Mike advised the league was paid in full, and Joe wants to start painting at the field; Mike will coordinate with Joe.
11. Veronica was in attendance and gave an update concerning her meeting, along with dates for meets, fitting date for swimsuits, the Piranhas’ Booster Club, and other particulars. A sign-up date was confirmed for registration.
12. Duane presented a rough draft for the public notice newsletter. There will be mention of the town hall providing a phone number for park district inquiries. It was agreed to move forward for Wednesday’s town board meeting with logos, pictures, etc. Duane also presented an updated budget for review. Dede and Duane will meet to discuss vouchers and receipts to be added.
13. Other business - Dede will forward all e-mails she receives on the website for the board’s review.
14. Meeting was adjourned.