- Veronica Roche was in attendance. It was discussed that Veronica and Gerry Dolan will continue to work as co-managers this year on the Swim Team Committee. Veronica advised that this is her last year and Gerry will officially take over the swim team committee next year. There was a miscommunication between the board and Veronica concerning an approximate $300 swim cap invoice. The board advised this fee was not incorporated in the approved budget; however, the board will review and advise their decision. Further discussion ensued concerning the financial responsibility of the swim team as well as the funding provided by the district budget. Veronica also requested an increase to the coach’s salary after the budget was approved. The board will review this request as well. Veronica will provide copies of the swim team registration forms for town record.
- Regarding blue green algae, the DEC contacted the board to advise a level from our sampling came back high. The DEC will advise the Health Dept.
- Dede and Duane proposed to the board that water samples be taken at the inlets coming into the lake after heavy rains. It will provide more evidence concerning fecal coliform, etc. Six inlets will be tested; Duane will look at locations and mark up a map for this purpose. The board unanimously agreed to an initial testing and then will determine if future testing will be done.
- Daily Operations - John gave an update. He advised that four boats were at Jackson Beach; two were tagged and two were not. Also, he substantiated that visitors were with lifeguards on duty for an extended period of time conversing and using cell phones. Also, the portosans at Jackson and Warren Beaches don't have hand sanitizer. John will contact the company to advise. Also, there were beer cans at Jackson Beach as well as two or three CT vehicles in the parking area. Lifeguards need to check ID's more often. Also discussed was Dede stating that Hank fixed the door at Interlaken Beach. Billy Peragine needs to sign a waiver form; Hank will get the form to him. Also, Hank will start mapping out extra parking at beaches in the near future. Dede advised she was contacted by a vending machine company requesting they put a soda/snack machine at the beach(es). After group discussion, the board decided to not pursue this at this time.
- Regarding the emergency contact chain, Dede received a call from Mike Griffin this past Saturday. Chris Lawlor called the Town’s emergency message system about a Warren Beach incident. The incident and chain of command was reviewed by the Advisory board. A memo was sent to the Town re: There was no emergency or need to implement the chain of command.
- Regarding garbage pick-up, Dede will call the town and advise it is not necessary at this time.
- Mike advised that he will speak to Vinny concerning additional weedwacking needed in designated areas.
- Regarding beach signs, the board will consider taking down old, damaged signs and replace with new signage. Mike suggested to table until next week until the code is reviewed in more detail. The board unanimously agreed.
- It was agreed to chain off designated areas at the boathouse to prevent parking in areas that are not permitted. It was noted that the town code states no parking on parkland property.
- Duane discussed marking boat storage areas around the parklands. Signs can be posted in designated areas for this purpose. Five locations were discussed, including an existing area by Jackson Beach. Duane will design a sign. Further discussion will continue at the next meeting.
- Notices will be put on boats to advise residents to get tags. Duane discussed a tri-fold brochure/informational piece that will be presented to the residents regarding information about the district. He'll continue to work on this.
- Dede mentioned that she may have an issue with lifeguard coverage at the end of August until the beginning of September due to lifeguard's not being available as they're going back to school, etc. Right now, only two lifeguards are not going away to school. She will follow-up and advise.
- Community Relations - Duane added items to the website; also, he indicated that the website is climbing fifty plus people per month in people checking the site. Also, he is putting together a mass contact list for distributing information to residents.
- Meeting was adjourned.
Meeting minutes are posted at the town website once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.