- The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
- All board members were in attendance.
- The board reviewed the expenses from the swim team for 2013 as supplied by Gerry Dolan. The recommendation was to have registration cover trophies, ribbons and time cards currently covered by the Piranha Booster Club. 2013 membership was 37 families with 63 participants. The budget was finalized and agreed upon by all board members. The fee schedule rate for 2014: $20 per family (previously paid to the Booster Club): First child $70, second child $65, third child $60.
- Men’s softball budget was reviewed. Topic was tabled for later in the meeting. Joe Delia was not present as anticipated.
- The Swim lesson program was discussed and ideas presented to incorporate next year’s plans. More discussion will be held at future meetings in preparation for next year.
- The 2014 Park District Budget was discussed. A final copy is due to the town by September 1st. The board went through all 2013 expenditures to date and kept the 2014 budget close in line with 2013. Notable changes include budgeting for FICA, state retirement and worker’s compensation for lifeguard payroll. Previous budgets did not include these line items. The board unanimously agreed on all figures. A final draft will be put together and sent to the town.
- Joe Delia presented his expenditures for 2013. Of concern to the board was the addition of 11 unapproved games played by the league. This left $550 over budget for umpire costs. (80 games budgeted- 91 played). Joe then presented his league budget for 2014. He proposed a longer season with 107 games, a $1,350 increase in umpire costs, an increase to his commissioner stipend from $500 to $750, yet a lower overall league total budget of $10,000 (decreased from $11,000.) The board reviewed all figures and offered two options to achieve a balanced budget:
- Keep the same budget of $11,000 and play 90 games in 2014. Share some maintenance costs with the park district to offset cost of the 11-game increase. Or,
- Play the 107 game season as proposed, but increase the league budget to $12,600 to cover the additional costs of umpires and stipend.
- The board unanimously agreed to a budget of $11,000 with a total of 90 games for the softball league for 2014. Joe consented with objection and would discuss with other team members.
- A new version of the website www.PutnamLakeParkDistrict.com is being prepared and nearing completion. It will replace the current version and provide much more detailed information to the residents. A copy was reviewed by the board and efforts to complete will continue.
- Efforts to monitor the boat storage on parkland property continue. Boats that have not complied with the first notice of posting a Park District registration tag on their vessel will now be tagged with a notice of removal. Notices will be posted on the boats in upcoming weeks and boats not in compliance with Town code will be removed shortly after.
- The board was informed that the Town of Patterson will be sending a letter to residents who may have vehicles parked overnight on the parkland side of the road. Town code prohibits overnight parking on these areas.
- The new Park Area and Boat Storage signs have been submitted to the county department. Once created they will be posted in their designated areas. Information on the progress of signage will be available at future meetings.
- The weed study being conducted by Allied Biological is due to be started next week. An update will be given at next meeting.
- The board agreed to send a thank you letter to the lifeguards of this season thanking them for their efforts in working the Park District this year.
- The meeting was adjourned.
Meeting minutes are posted here once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.