- The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM.
- All board members except John Logue were in attendance.
- A motion was made to accept the minutes from the previous meeting.
- A water quality update was given. CSLAP sampling in ongoing and samples are being submitted to the DEC. Allied biological will be coming within the next 3 weeks to conduct their weed analysis. Blue-green algae is still present in the lake water, but well below alarming levels in the deep areas. It is still concentrated in the shallows and swampy areas. Water chestnuts have been successfully removed from the perimeter of the lake and additional pulling will continue through the season.
- The audience was informed that the brochure “Best Practices for a Lake Community” is available on the website. Please visit to get a copy. It includes things you can do as a homeowner to help Putnam Lake. An additional informational brochure which includes a map of the parkland, beaches and Putnam Lake facilities is in development and will be made available at locations around the community upon competition. The park district also has a telephone number where people can leave comments or questions. The phone number is: 878-6500x41.
- Swim Lessons were discussed. There was not enough interest this year to create a class. As suggested at a previous meeting, Wings Over Water was contacted and asked to offer a discount to residents who may be interested. They declined at this time.
- Boats stored on the parkland without proper registrations are continuing to be tagged with a notice to comply with town code. Many residents have responded by acquiring tags or removing the boats. Efforts will continue. A list of any boats with previous PLCC tag numbers will be compiled and given to the PLCC to see if they can assist in contacting the owners of untagged boats.
- The town will begin noticing vehicles that are parked overnight on the parkland side of the road per town code. Additional information will follow at future meetings.
- Signs are in development to label all existing beach areas and boat storage areas. Additional signs are being created for the boat house and Memorial Field. Samples were handed out.
- The “Friends of the Park District”, a community volunteer group, is continuing the Annual Regatta tradition on August 18th 1pm to 4pm, (August 24th rain date), at Warren Beach. The Advisory Board agreed to waive any fee for use of the beach area for this event. All residents are encouraged to come for a fun family event.
- Public Recognition: A resident asked if alcohol was permitted on the parklands. The board advised that Town Code prohibits alcohol on the parklands.
- The meeting was adjourned.
Comments are closed.
Meeting minutes are posted at the town website once they are accepted into record by the Park Advisory Board. Minutes are also kept on record at the Patterson Town Hall.