2. Regarding the Putnam County Health Department concerning lifeguards, Mike Ercole advised that a volunteer from the Putnam Lake Fire Dept. may be able to facilitate lifeguard certification training. Mike will follow-up and advise as soon as possible.
3. A discussion ensued regarding signage at the beaches. Two signs are needed for beach hours to be posted at Jackson and Warren beaches. Also, one beach will be designated for wheelchair accessibility.
4. Regarding portosans, four will be rented for the parklands at the following locations: Memorial Field, Jackson Beach, and two (of which one is handicapped accessible) at Warren Beach. A motion was made and unanimously approved.
5. A discussion was had regarding the removal of the storage trailer at Warren Beach. Hank will research and give an update at the next meeting.
6. Hank presented four, written quote responses concerning the renovations and expansion at Jackson Beach. Tom Consolato’s quote presented the most competitive pricing based on his material list, machinery, and labor cost. A motion was made and approved by all members to submit Tom’s bid to the town board as completed.
7. Rules and Regulations: Summer beach hours were discussed and agreed upon by the Board. Hours will be posted at the beaches and on the website. Also, it was decided by the board to remove the existing sign at Warren Beach.
8. Lifeguard phones: Duane will research the cost for two Tracphones, will advise Dede and discuss at the next meeting.
9. Community Relations: Dede presented a sample of the 2013 boat sticker as well as ID bracelets (wristbands). Duane prepared and presented registration forms for these purposes. It was decided that (at least) one person in a group attending the beach should wear an ID bracelet. Antoinette Kopeck, the town clerk, will distribute beach rules, hours, etc. when residents receive and/or submit registration forms. The board unanimously approved the registration form handouts for town approval. Duane will provide copies at the next meeting.
10. The board unanimously decided that a fee of $100.00 should be paid by CT households (CT residents with deeded lake rights). These residents should contact the Park District website or the town hall with proof of residency if they are interested in becoming an Out-of-District member.
11. Duane distributed Boat ID handouts for review; boat storage registrations can be mailed in with a self-addressed envelope and boat stickers will be mailed directly to residents. It was noted that they can only be mailed to resident addresses.
12. Baseball League: Joe D’elia will be an employee of the town in order to receive a $500.00 stipend. Dede wrote up duties and responsibilities and distributed copies to the board for review. Also, it was advised that Joe is putting together a list of equipment needed.
13. Baseball field repairs: Hank and Mike will get quotes for chain link fencing (to replace existing fence that parallels Interlaken Road); The board will have a discussion when additional information is obtained.
14. Garbage: The town is offering two-three locations. The board decided on the following: one at Warren Beach, one at Jackson Beach, and one at Memorial Field if permitted. The board will contact the town regarding starting garbage pick-up as soon as possible.
15. John will contact Samantha and Melissa, last year’s swim lesson instructors, regarding whether they would like to continue teaching children’s swim lessons this summer.
16. A discussion was had regarding the swim team concession stand and other particulars. Specifics need to be finalized such as registration fee and $20.00 concession fee as last year. Also, kickboards and lane lines may need to be purchased. Hank and Mike will go to Warren Beach to remove unusable items from the storage shed. Dede will contact Veronica regarding getting a list of swim team kids from last year. An update will be given at the next meeting.
17. A discussion was had regarding keeping the Park Advisory Board at current five members or going to seven members. By a majority of 4 to 1, the board decided to stay at five members.
18. The committee assignments are as follows:
Health Department - Dede
Parklands - Duane and Hank
Beaches (Set-up and General Maintenance) - Mike and Hank
Lake Quality - Duane and Dede
Swim Team/Swim Lessons; Daily Operations - John
Baseball Field/League - Mike
Community Relations (Website, Rules & Regualtions, Budget) – Duane and Dede
19. Meeting was adjourned.